Do you need the ultimate red-blooded Saturday night snack? Look no further. We’ve got you covered.
I made nachos for machos with spicy fresh guacamole topped with beef tenderloin.
- 1 kilo of beef tenderloin
- sea salt
- some olive oil
- Nacho chips
For the guacamole
- 4 ripe avocados
- 2 chili peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/2 tsp of rock salt
- 1 tbsp of chopped cilantro
- Prepare a grill with 2 zones and a cast iron griddle above the hottest zone.
- Pour some olive oil on the griddle and sear the steak till you build up a crust.
- Place the meat at the cooler side of the grill to let it come to a core temperature of 52°C (125F). Then you place it on a cutting board and season it with some sea salt while it rests. That gives you time to make the guacamole.
- Remove the pits of the avocados and scoop out the flesh and put that in a bowl. Mash it with the back of a spoon.
- Chop the peppers, onion, and garlic cloves and put it in a mortar with some rock salt. Mash it with the pestle to a rough pulp. If you are a fan then you can add the fresh cilantro.
- Place some nacho chips in a dinner bowl. Put the guacamole on top.
- Slice the rested beef in cubes and place them on the guacamole and sprinkle it with some extra sea salt.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.