I love Brisket Sandwiches but they take a lot of time to make and doesn’t seem economical to smoke a whole packer brisket so you can have one sandwich right? Big solution right here; Smoke a tri-tip instead! Tri-Tip is my all time favorite cut of beef and this is why: it can turn out as a better made brisket with the right smoke and bbq rub and it can be your picanha as well. In this recipe I will show you how to smoke this as a Brisket.
- 1 tbsp finnishing salt
- ½ tbsp black pepper
- ½ tbsp onion powder
- ⅛ tbsp garlic powder
- The first thit consists out of a tbsp of salt, ½ tbsp of black pepper, ½ tbsp of onion powder, ⅛ tbsp of garlic powder.
- Sprinkle the rub on all meat sides of your tri-tip but leave the fat cap uharmed.
- Turn on your pelletsmoker at a temperature of 120 degrees celsius and stick a Meater thermometer in the center of your tri-tip.
- Let it smoke for around 4 hours depending on how the crust is developing.
- This is a great time to make side dishes and sauces. For this recipe i created a sauce recipe and a coleslaw recipe that goes really wel together with the tri-tip.
- When you smoked it for a couple of hours like me the tri-tip seems to be drying out on the outside. This is the time i'm going to wrap it in butcher paper and place it back in the grill.
- Let it smoke for another hour or so untill you reach a core temperature of 92 degrees celcius.
- Let it rest inside the butcher paper for 20 minutes and slice into the tri-tip.
- Serve on top of a slice of bread with some coleslaw underneath and some of that sauce on top. DELICIOUS!
Calories: 837kcalCarbohydrates: 3gProtein: 104gFat: 43gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 330mgSodium: 3800mgPotassium: 1629mgFiber: 1gSugar: 0.1gVitamin A: 8IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 141mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.