When you cook a fatter piece of meat like Wagyu, you have to look for it’s the counterpart in taste to use as a marinade. In this recipe, we use lemon to give the marinade the acidity to cut through the heaviness, so you get a more balanced dish.
This is the perfect snack to eat on a hot summer night with a cool drink and your feet in the water. Just try.
- 500 gram Wagyu skirtsteak
For the marinade
- 4 chilli peppers
- 2 garlic cloves
- the juice of 2 lemons
- 1/2 tbsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp of table salt
For the butter
- 125 gram of butter
- The zest of 1 lemon
- 1 pressed garlic clove
- 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp of fleur de sell
- Cut the chilli peppers and garlic cloves and put it with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl and stir it till the salt dissolves.
- Cut the skirt steak into finger-thick strips and put the strips with the marinade in the bowl. Let this sit for 4 to 5 hours in the fridge.
- Let the butter come to room temperature and mesh it with the lemon zest, garlic, pepper and salt. Set it aside.
- Take the steak strips out of the marinade and pat them dry with some paper towel.
- Fire up your grill and grill the strips over direct heat to a core temperature of 55°C (130F).
- Cut the strips into bite-size pieces and dress up a tortilla with Rucola, the steak and the butter.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.