Please, let’s be completely honest on this website. I’m not going to be that guy that says that you have to eat roasted turkey on your thanksgiving. And even better; I’m not the guy that says that you have to eat it all. Do what i do. Bag and tag it and bring out the leftover turkey on the next day. And save those roasting juices because that's the real gold.What to do with leftover turkey? You should make awesome kickass turkey tacos with your leftover meat and plate up before the big match starts. Don’t forget the beers!
- 1000 grams leftover turkey chopped fine
- 125 grams butter
- 2 tbsp PitmasterX Classic BBQ rub
- Homemade Spicy Sriracha Mayonaise
- Corn tortillas
- 3 red onions sliced into rings
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 red chili pepper fine chopped
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- 250 ml vinegar
- 3 tomatoes diced
- 5 grams fresh cilantro fine chopped
- 25 grams pickled jalapenos diced
- 100 ml turkey juices
- 2 tbsp flour
- 300 ml chicken fond
- Start off by chopping and shredding. Make sure to get a nice mixture of both white meat, dark meat and the skin.
- Add the PitmasterX Classic BBQ Rub and mix it in with the turkey.
- Fire up your Napoleon grill and get it nice and hot.
- Place a skillet over direct heat and put in half a stick of butter. Let it melt down completely and pour it over your turkey.
Pickled red onions
- Slice up three red onions.
- Put them in a sterilized jar.
- Add a clove of garlic and a whole finely sliced red pepper.
- Add the sugar, salt and ground black pepper.
- take a pan and place it on the grill and bring the vinegar to a boil.
- Add the vinegar to the jar.
- Close up the jar, give it a good shake and place it on your workbench upside down and let it sit for 10 minutes.
- Finely chop the jalapenos.
- Dice up the tomatoes.
- Chop up some fresh cilantro.
- Finish it off with a squeeze of lime or lemon juice.
- Put a pan over the fire and add the saved liquids from your turkey roast to the pan.
- Let it come up to a boil and reduce it by half.
- Add the flour and mix it in to a roux. Keep mixing it or it will burn.
- Add the chicken fond and let the roux dissolve into it.
- Let it come up to a boil and you'll end up with a nice gravy.
Building the taco
- Heat up your plancha over direct heat and add a little oil to it.
- Fry your tortilla's for around 15 to 20 seconds on each side. You want to keep them soft!
- Put your turkey on the plancha to give it a nice and crispy crust.
- Once the turkey is hot and crispy, pour over your turkey gravy and mix it up.
- Take a tortilla and put on some of the turkey meat. Add your salsa, creamy chilli mayonnaise and pickeld red onions and you're all set!
Calories: 328kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 30gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 137mgSodium: 981mgPotassium: 439mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 781IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 35mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.