I always search the internet for ideas and cool things to show you, and when I did my research for future recipes, I come upon this mind-blowing short rib weave. It looked spectacular, and I had to try it.With a bit of butchery and a steady hand, I made it work, and it worked out great. What we end up with is a very tender steak with loads of flavor.
How well is this recipe
- Short ribs with a good amount of intramuscular fat .
- 1 apple
- 1 onion
- 100 ml soya sauce
- 1 piece ginger thumb size
- ½ cup lime juice
- 2 tbsp corn syrup
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Make the Korean marinade upfront. Put everything except the steak in a blender and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Pat the short ribs dry with some paper towel. Trim off the fat and silverskin and cut out the bones. Ask your butcher, or watch the video, if you don’t know how.
- Now you cut out all the hard lines of fat that run through the meat. What you’re left with is a steak with some loose flaps.
- Cut longer steaks out of this mess and cut these in half.
- Now comes the tricky part. You have to slice the meat diagonally halfway through. Then you flip it around and do the same at the other side in the opposite direction. Again, look at the video on how to do this. What you end up with is a very delicate steak with lots of holes.
- Put the steaks in a tray and pour over the marinade you made earlier. Let this marinate in the fridge for an hour.
- Take the steak out of the marinade and brush of most of the marinade. It’s okay that some of the marinade stays in the cuts.
- Now you grill the steak over direct heat to a core temperature of 55°C/131°F.
Calories: 442kcalCarbohydrates: 31gProtein: 38gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 108mgSodium: 2680mgPotassium: 856mgFiber: 2gSugar: 24gVitamin A: 44IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.