We are gonna take you on a journey of the sweet soja, ketjap manis world and on the other hand we gonna show you all the beauty you can find.
- 1 Forged Sebra chefs knife 20cm by Forged
- 1 Blender
For the rub
- 5 tbsp PitmasterX's classic BBQ rub
For the brine
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup White wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp Salt
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ¼ part Onion
- 2 ps Bea leaves
- 1 tsp Black pepper
For the side dishes
- 7 ps carrots sliced in half
- 5 ps shiitake mushrooms
Prepare your meat
- Grab your porkbelly and drip ketjap manis all over it, be generous and cover all sides.
- Sprinkle the PitmasterX classic BBQ rub over it. (also all sides)5 tbsp PitmasterX's classic BBQ rub
- Setup your barbecue for a smoke session and set the temperature to 120 degrees Celsius for 3 hours. (250 degrees Fahrenheit)
- After 3 hours it's time to wrap it in some aluminium foil and put it back in the barbecue.
- After 1.5 hours of being wraped on the grill the porkbelly should have a core temperature of 92 degrees Celsius. (198 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Let it rest for 30 minutes.
Prepare your side dish
- Grab a pan and add the ingredients for the brine let this come up to a boil and let it cool down again.1 cup Water, 1 cup White wine vinegar, 2 tbsp Salt, 2 tbsp Sugar, 2 cloves Garlic, ¼ part Onion, 2 ps Bea leaves, 1 tsp Black pepper
- Poor all this into a large tray and add some carrots witch are cut in half and let that sit for a couple of hours.7 ps carrots
- When the carrots are fully brined cook them and and then grind them into a puree.
- Add some shiitake mushrooms and a little bit of garlic, salt and pepper bake them until they are golden brown.5 ps shiitake mushrooms
- Make some mashed potatoes and all your preparations are done.
- Slice the porkbelly in cubes.
- Grab a plate and place some cubes of porkbelly in a nice shape.
- Add some carrot puree in small dots to the side and do the same with the mashed potatoes.
- Dress it up with some beauty full fried mushrooms.
- Poor some meat moisture over it to finish it all.
For smoking we used cherry pallets Eet smakelijk and keep on grilling!
Calories: 40kcalCarbohydrates: 7gProtein: 1gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 3548mgPotassium: 48mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 295IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 13mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!