This is a traditional based Beef Porchetta from the BBQ but with a hint of Pitmaster X on top. Offcourse we all know the crispy and juicy pork porchetta that we all love so much. This is better. Ahhh you don't believe me? Well you should just try it for yourself i guess.A simple step by step recipe to get the perfect Beef Porchetta at home in your own backyard!
- 1500 grams Beef Belly
- 1½ tbsp Fleur de Sel Seasalt
- 1 tbsp White pena pepper
- ½ tbsp Fennel Seeds
- ½ tbsp Dried Oregano
- ½ tbsp Thyme
- ½ tbsp Rosemary
- 3 Cloves Fresh Garlic pressed
- 1 Lemon sest
- 1½ tbsp Parmesan Cheese grated
- 100 grams prosciutto Sliced
- Roll out your Beef Belly and slice everything off that seems excess fat.
- Sprinkle on a layer of salt and pepper.
- Add the Fennel seeds, Thyme and Oregano.
- Add some pressed garlic spread out as mucht as you can.
- Grate down some lemon zest on top of the garlic.
- Add some Grated parmasan Cheese to it as well.
- Now lay down a layer of sliced prosciutto on top to cover it up comepletely.
- Roll it up and secure it with some Butcher's Twine. ( i suggest adding three twines)
- Fire up your Kettle Joe with a thick layer of charcoal on the bottom.
- Once your charcoal is halfway lit up it's time to add a nice chunk of beautifull beech wood on top of the charcoal
- Place the slowroller on top and set the Porchetta in the center of the grill grate.
- Get your thermometer in so you can keep an eye on it and close the lit
- Once your porchetta hits a temperature of 63 degrees celius you can take it of and let it rest.
- While resting the temperature is allowed to go up to a temperature of 65 degrees celcius.
- Take a big sharp knife, remove the twines and slice it into thin slices.
I strongly suggest that you take a big slice and put it on some fresh bread. It will make you very very happy!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.