I am going to show how to make a really nice juicy chicken with a perfect hot sauce. Grilled chicken must be juicy otherwise it just doesn’t taste right.When you’ve eaten good chicken in a restaurant, you can be sure it has been brined. It’s a little secret that is really not that difficult to do.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece Free-range, grain-fed chicken
- 1 part salt
- 1 part paprika powder
- ½ part onion powder
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part ginger powder
- 1 piece onion
- 5 piece madam Jeanette peppers
- 3 piece bell peppers
- ¼ tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp dry rub
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Take out the backbone of the chicken with some poultry scissors. When the backbone is out, flip the chicken and push it down till the chicken lays flat. When you do this right, you hear the collar bones snap.
- Take a bowl or deep tray and make a brine with 4 liters of water and 200 grams of salt. Stir the water until the salt is dissolved. Add the chicken to the brine and make sure it’s completely underwater.
- Let the chicken brine for 2 hours in the fridge.
- Start up your smoker with a temperature of 140°C/284°F. Take the chicken out of the brine and pat it dry with some paper towel.
- Make the rub by mixing all the ingredients. Sprinkle it on the chicken, on both sides, with an even layer.
- Place the chicken on the smoker with the breast side up and close the lid. Keep it closed until the chicken reaches a core temperature of 75°C/167°F. When the chicken is smoking, you can make the all pepper sauce.
- Put the pan on low heat with some olive oil. Dice the onion and put it in the pan. Do the same with the madam jeanette peppers and the bell peppers.
- Keep stirring it till it all softens and then add the rest of the olive oil. When it all browns ad the rub and the lime juice, and give it one last stir after you take the pan off the fire.
- When the chicken is done you take it out of the smoker and let it rest for 5 minutes. Grab a beer and the hot sauce and enjoy.
Calories: 486kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 38gFat: 30gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 243mgPotassium: 611mgFiber: 5gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 3212IUVitamin C: 122mgCalcium: 45mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.