Every backyard griller needs a hearty breakfast. A meal that keeps you going when you are busy cooking your dinner all day long.I am making steak and eggs Japanese style just because I can and because I think you deserve it.
How well is this recipe
- Cut the leek, carrots and ham into same-sized chunks and stir fry them in a hot pan with a little vegetable oil. Just when they are turning soft you take the pan off the heat.
- Cook the rice as it says on the package and add it to the fried veggies. Sprinkle on a little ve-tsin and stir it well. Keep it warm over low heat.
- Start up your grill for direct high heat. Put a cast-iron skillet on the grates and let it come up to temperature.
- Put the wagyu steak in the pan and grill it until it has a nice crust. Flip it and do the same with the other side. Grill it to a core temperature off 52°C/126°F. Sprinkle on a little sea salt and let it rest.
- While the steak rest you crack the eggs and beat them until they are fluffy. Fry the eggs in the leftover wagyu fat.
- Put the fried egg on a plate and add the fried rice. Cut the steak into thin slices and place it next to the rice.
Calories: 835kcalCarbohydrates: 88gProtein: 48gFat: 31gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 230mgSodium: 1040mgPotassium: 829mgFiber: 3gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 8207IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 87mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.