Every backyard griller needs a hearty breakfast. A meal that keeps you going when you are busy cooking your dinner all day long.
I am making steak and eggs Japanese style just because I can and because I think you deserve it.
- Cut the leek, carrots and ham into same-sized chunks and stir fry them in a hot pan with a little vegetable oil. Just when they are turning soft you take the pan off the heat.
- Cook the rice as it says on the package and add it to the fried veggies. Sprinkle on a little ve-tsin and stir it well. Keep it warm over low heat.
- Start up your grill for direct high heat. Put a cast-iron skillet on the grates and let it come up to temperature.
- Put the wagyu steak in the pan and grill it until it has a nice crust. Flip it and do the same with the other side. Grill it to a core temperature off 52°C (126F). Sprinkle on a little sea salt end let it rest.
- While the steak rest you crack the eggs and beat them until they are fluffy. Fry the eggs in the leftover wagyu fat.
- Put the fried egg on a plate and add the fried rice. Cut the steak into thin slices and place it next to the rice.
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.