I know you want to go on holiday and soak up the sun. I’m thinking of Italy, and now you are too. I have a wonderful recipe for you to get those Italian flavours in your backyard.
These chicken legs are flavoured with just three ingredients. Four if you count the salt. That’s all it takes to get a delicious grilled chicken.
- 4 chicken legs
- 12 cloves of garlic
- sea salt
- 200 grs of pancetta
- 4 twigs of rosemary
- Chop finely the garlic and add a little bit of salt. Then you puree the garlic with the tip of your knife. Watch the video how to do this.
- Chop fine the pancetta and mix it with the garlic puree.
- Lift up the skin of the chicken legs and disconnect the skin from the meat. Then stuff the chicken with the garlic/pancetta mixture.
- Add a twig of rosemary before you close up the skin with a toothpick. Season the skin with sea salt.
- Start up your grill with a direct temperature of 140°C. You need a good space between the fire and the grates.
- Place the chicken on the grates with the skin up and stick a thermometer in the thickest part of the chicken. Then you close the lid.
- When the chicken legs reach a core temperature of 74°C (166F), you turn them over to give the skin a little sear.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before you serve them.
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.