I made the most amazing chicken drumsticks with homemade Indian Curry sauce. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it.Make enough and you can start your own restaurant or food truck with this recipe.
How well is this recipe
- 20 piece chicken drumsticks
- 2 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp pepper
- ½ liter coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- ½ tbsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- The whole Garam masala
- 3 piece dice sliced ginger
- 4 clove garlic
- 3 piece dice sized fresh turmeric
- 2 piece chili peppers
- 100 gram tomato sauce
- ½ cup peanut oil
- Season the drumsticks with salt and pepper. Let them sit for half an hour in the fridge.
- Fire up your grill with an indirect temperature of 110°C/230°F and some smoke wood. Smoke the chicken to a core temperature of 75°C/167°F.
- In the meantime, we are going to make the garam masala. Roast the coriander-, mustard- and fennel seeds with the peppercorns in a cast-iron skillet for a couple of minutes.
- Put the roasted seeds in a grinder and grind them down. Add to that the turmeric and cinnamon and mix it up.
- Put the garam masala in a blender with the ginger, garlic cloves, turmeric, chili peppers, tomato puree and the peanut oil. Blend it to a smooth curry paste.
- Put a cast-iron skillet on the fire and fry the curry paste to bring out all the flavours till the colour darkens. Then pour in the coconut milk and season it with some salt.
- When the drum sticks reached the desired core temperature of 75°C/167°F grill them over direct heat for some crispy skin.
- Put them in an oven tray and pour over the curry sauce. Reheat the sauced drumsticks and serve while hot.
Calories: 1183kcalCarbohydrates: 19gProtein: 72gFat: 93gSaturated Fat: 38gPolyunsaturated Fat: 18gMonounsaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 348mgSodium: 4078mgPotassium: 1506mgFiber: 6gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 427IUVitamin C: 6mgCalcium: 201mgIron: 11mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.