I’m a dutchie so I love mayonnaise. But I'm also a big spiceheads because a lot of dutch people grew up eating Indonesian sauces like sambal oelek for example. So combining one of the most popular hot sauces in the world with my own asian/dutch twist and even more spiciness is only the natural thing to do, don't you agree?Heavy on the spiciness and heavy on the mayonnaise. That’s what this sauce is all about. Make your tacos, chicken wings or any other proper BBQ snack better with this sauce.
- 9 chili peppers fine chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 10 grams cilantro fine chopped
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- ½ tbsp fleur de sel sea salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 400 ml mayonaise
- Place a large pan on the fire, make sure that it's big enough to fry in! A wok works great for this.
- Add the oil to the pan and let it come up to temperature.
- Chop fine 9 red chili peppers and add them to the pan.
- Add 5 whole garlic cloves and start frying.
- When the peppers have turned soft add a handful of cilantro.
- Add the salt, ground black pepper and give it a stir.
- Take the pan off the fire and let it cool down.
- Transfer it into a blender and mix it up until it turns into a nice and smooth consistency.
- Put the mixture in a bowl and add a good quality (or home made) mayonnaise to it. Give it a good stir and you're done!
Calories: 4259kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 6gFat: 468gSaturated Fat: 63gPolyunsaturated Fat: 177gMonounsaturated Fat: 218gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 159mgSodium: 5956mgPotassium: 354mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 2148IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 95mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.