I love hot sauces and buy them a lot. But I also make hot sauces myself because it’s so easy to do. I had a lot of jalapeño peppers left from another video, and I made the best hot sauce with them.Because I grilled all the ingredients, the sauce developed a sweetness that you otherwise only get from added sugars. But this sauce is more complex than a lot of store-bought sauces.
- 20 piece jalapeño peppers
- 3 piece white onion
- 2 clove garlic
- 1 piece lemon
- ½ cup distilled vinegar
- 2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- Fire up your grill for direct grilling.
- Peel the onions and the cloves of garlic. Put the peppers with the onions, garlic and the whole lemon on the grates and close the lid.
- When all the vegetables have some char and the onions are soft, you can take them off the grates.
- Put everything and the juice of half the lemon in a blender and grind it down to a smooth paste.
- Add the vinegar, salt, mustard and ground black pepper and give it a good stir.
- You can store the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for months.
Calories: 73kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gSodium: 3546mgPotassium: 359mgFiber: 5gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 771IUVitamin C: 104mgCalcium: 48mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.