My favorite easy-to-make homemade Chili Oil. All you need is a quality cast iron pan, some cheap ingredients and a taste for spicy flavors.This homemade Chili Oil makes your tongue tingle and gives you that buzz. Try it on a variety of our recipes!
- 4 black pepper corns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 star anise
- 2 tbsp chili flakes
- 200 ml sunflower oil
- 2 cloves of garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp salt
- Heat up your cast iron skillet or any type of pan that can hold a very hot liquid oil.
- Once the pan is hot, put in the pepper corns, bay leaf, star anise and chili flakes.
- Toast them untill they release there flavors.
- Pour in sunflower oil and let it fry untill you see a light bubble appearing.
- While it's cooling put in the rest and let it slowly fry in the oil while you give it one more stir.
- Once the temperature is cool enought put it in your blender and mix it up.
- Now you can put it in a jar for storing or put it on your recipe.
Calories: 1735kcalCarbohydrates: 23gProtein: 3gFat: 187gSaturated Fat: 19gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 155gSodium: 7345mgPotassium: 363mgFiber: 6gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 4824IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 78mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.