I invited a Huge Tik Tok star that mastered the art of making pizza in his backyard. This is everything you need to know about making amazing close-to-italian pizza.The ultimate guide on Backyard Pizza on the BBQ from the dough to the baking. Seriously it’s not that hard and you need to try this.
- 280 ml tomato sauce
- 18 grams fine salt
- 600 grams flour
- ½ grams yeast
- 390 ml water
- Chef Eric starts with putting 390 ml of water in a bowl mixed with 18 grams of salt.
- Let the salt dissolve and add around 100/150 grams of flour. This is special pizza flour.
- Mix it to create a batter untill it turns smooth.
- Add 0,5 grams of active yeast.
- Gradually add the rest of the flour while mixing it by hand.
- Once it turns into a firm ball take it out of the bowl and start kneeding.
- Apply force with the palm of your hand on the ball of dough and keep on kneeding.
- In the last phase of the kneeding he's changing pushing into pulling to stretch it out.
- Press the ball with your thumb and if the dough comes back up your dough is ready.
- Sprinkle a little bit of olive oil in a clean bowl and put the dough. Cover the bowl with a dishcloth and set it asside for an hour.
- Seperatte the ball into 4 induvidual balls of pizza dough and put proof them for 24 to 48 hours. You can do this in the fridge.
- Put one of the pieces of dough in a bowl of flower to make them non-stick.
- Put it on a cutting board and start pressing the air to the sides. This way you get a thin base and a thicker crust on the sides.
- Lift it up and start stretching it with your hands in the center. Be carefull because it still has to fit your pizza oven.
- Get rid of all the excess flour on the board.
- Add one good spoon of tomato sauce. By tomato sauce i mean high quality sauce that stays true to the flavor of tomato as much as possible. This is a matter of finding the right one in your area.
- Spread out some mozzarella. Eric is using a dried version of it which prevents the pizza of becoming sticky or soggy.
- Add some fresh basil. Because the amount of time the pizza is going to be in the oven is so little the basil will not burn.
- Add a small drizzle of olive oil.
- Add some parmesan cheese to taste.
- The best temperature for making a pizza is around 400 degrees celcius.
- To get to these temperatures in your Nero pizza oven you need to keep the bag of pellets close by.
- Everytime you see that the pellets seem to be burnt out you need to add more and once you reach that 400 degrees temperature it's time to grab your pizza spatula or anything that has a big non stick surface and put it in the pizza oven with the lit closed.
- Wait for around 15 seconds and check again. You want to see if the air comes up on certain spots and the crust might get to dark. That's going to be the hottest spots in your grill so you want to turn that pizza around in time.
- Note: but dark spots are good as long it doesn't burn over a larger surface. When that crust has come up nice and beautifull and the cheese is bubling away, your pizza is done.
Calories: 564kcalCarbohydrates: 118gProtein: 16gFat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.2gSodium: 2096mgPotassium: 377mgFiber: 5gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 314IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 37mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!