By now everybody knows how to cook picanha. It’s time to take your picanha game a step further.
Why not make a complete meal out of it. Make a fantastic sauce and serve it with some rice and veggies. Your family will love it.
- 1,5 kilo picanha
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 stick off celery
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 400 ml off tomato sauce
- Trim the picanha and cut off the silver skin and the hard fat from the point. Then cut the picanha against the grain in 3 finger thick steaks.
- Skewer the steaks through the fat cap so that the meat gets a U-shape. Season the meat with sea salt.
- Place the skewer in the motor of the rotisserie and place a cast iron pan under the meat, so it catches the fat drippings
- Slice a clove of garlic and onion finely. Do the same with the celery and the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce.
- Fry the onion in the fat drippings till it’s translucent and then add the garlic, pepper and the celery.
- When all has softened you add the tomato sauce and stir it till the sauce thickens a bit.
- When the picanha steaks have a nice crust, you slice it up and serve it with the sauce, some fried beans, rice and nacho chips.
Big thanks to Napoleon Grills for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.