By now everybody knows how to cook picanha. It’s time to take your picanha game a step further.Why not make a complete meal out of it. Make a fantastic sauce and serve it with some rice and veggies. Your family will love it.
- 1½ Kg picanha
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 stick celery
- 2 tbsp chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 400 ml tomato sauce
- Trim the picanha and cut off the silver skin and the hard fat from the point. Then cut the picanha against the grain in 3 fingers thick steaks.
- Skewer the steaks through the fat cap so that the meat gets a U-shape. Season the meat with sea salt.
- Slice a clove of garlic and onion finely. Do the same with the celery and the chipotle pepper in adobo sauce.
- Fry the onion in the fat drippings till it’s translucent and then add the garlic, pepper and the celery.
- When all has softened you add the tomato sauce and stir it till the sauce thickens a bit.
- When the picanha steaks have a nice crust, you slice it up and serve it with the sauce, some fried beans, rice and nacho chips.
Calories: 823kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 77gFat: 53gSaturated Fat: 24gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 229mgSodium: 791mgPotassium: 1382mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 931IUVitamin C: 10mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.