Surf and turf is a classic combination to serve when the summer is coming. And when you decide to make it you better make something special of it.The star is of course the lobster but co-starring is a beautifully marbled ribeye steak.
- 1 whole lobster
- 1 piece bone-in-ribeye
- 2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 piece nori leave
- 1 tbsp your favorite beef bbq rub
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
Butter and garlic basting sauce
- 125 gram butter
- 1 piece red chili pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 piece lime
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- Fire up your grill with a temperature of 120°C/248°F and two zones. Place the steak above the indirect zone and let it come to a core temperature of 52°C 126°F.
- Place the butter in a small ceramic oven tray. Add the sliced chili pepper, sliced garlic, and a cut in half lime. Season it with a bit of salt and pepper and place it next to the meat in the grill to melt.
- Dissect the lobster, as shown in the video. Boil the head and middle part. Cut open the tail, separate the meat from the shell with a sharp knife. Pull it out of the shell and sprinkle on some salt and pepper.
- Sear of the steak on both sides, take it off the grill, and sprinkle on some salt while it rests.
- Put the lobster tail on the grill, baste it with the butter and garlic sauce and close the lid. The lobster has to reach a core temperature of 60°C (140F).
- Cut up some fresh parsley and add it to the garlic butter sauce.
- Grind up the nori leaves, add some of your favorite beef rub and a bit of sesame seeds.
- Slice the ribeye and serve it with the lobster. Sprinkle some nori rub on the lobster meat. Spoon some of the garlic butter sauce on the steak.
Calories: 366kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 13gFat: 34gSaturated Fat: 20gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 3184mgPotassium: 273mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1149IUVitamin C: 24mgCalcium: 51mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.