Not everybody can afford a $100 steak. And you don’t have too to make a world-class meal. You guys always complain that my recipes are so expensive, well this is one that won’t break the bank but let you eat like a king.
I grilled an Iberico Secreto. A unique piece of meat that can only be found on an Iberico pig. I bet you, you like this better than Wagyu.
- Iberico Secreto
- 2 handfuls of mixed nuts (cashew, pecan, macadamia, etc..)
- BBQ dry rub
- 250 grams of wild mushrooms
- 1 shallot
- 50 grams of butter
- Fleur de sel
- Soft Goat Cheese
- Ravioli (four cheeses)
- Fire up your grill with 2 zones and a temperature of 160°C (320F).
- Put on a cast iron pan on the direct side of the grill and roast the nuts with some bbq dry rub. After roasting you crush them a little in a mortar and pestle.
- Chop up the shallot and the mushrooms. Fry the shallots in the pan till they are softened and then ad the mushrooms. Stir them till they soked up all the butter and browned.
- I cooked some 4 cheeses ravioli to go with the Iberico Secreto. Follow the instructions on the package.
- Grill the Secreto on both sides. After the last flip sprinkle on some rock salt and grate a light coating of Pecorino cheese over it.
- Then we put on the mushrooms and the roasted nuts and let that heat up a little.
- Put the cooked ravioli on a plate and put the Iberico secreto on top. Finish with a few crumbs of goat cheese.
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.