I used an ancient technique to create a modern-day recipe. We are going to grill some pork chops.This is going to be a grilled Cuban sandwich full of flavor and extremely juicy.
- 1.5 kg Pork chops Thinly sliced from the shoulder
- 1 piece baguette
- 1 piece Gouda Cheese
- 1 piece jar of pickles
The BBQ pork rub
- 1 part fleur de sel
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1/8 part garlic powder
- 1/8 part onion powder
- 1/8 part dried ginger
- 1/4 part curry powder
- 1/4 part raw cane sugar
The honey mustard sauce
- 2 tbsp coarse mustard
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp apple juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp BBQ pork rub
- debone the pork chops and check for loose bone fragments.
- Mix the ingredients for the pork rub and lay out the pork chops.
- Drizzle the meat with some olive oil and apply the pork rub on both sides.
- Stack the pork chops and let them marinate in the fridge for a couple of hours to a whole day.
- Fire up the grill with a temperature of around 250°C (480F)
- Take the stacked pork chops out of the fridge and bind them together with some butchers twine.
- Place the meat in a grill basket and grill the pork chops above direct heat on both sides to a core temperature of 65°C (150F)
- Take the pork chops out of the basket and let it rest for 10 minutes while you make the honey mustard sauce. Mix all the ingredients and you’re done.
- Slice the still bound pork chops into little pieces. Cut the baguette in half and put on the pork chops. Drizzle on some honey mustard sauce, a slice of cheese and pickles, and the top of the baguette.
- Put the baguette in the grill basket and grill the sandwich on both sides until you see some char and the cheese melts.
Calories: 809kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 87gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 252mgSodium: 862mgPotassium: 1581mgFiber: 2gSugar: 18gVitamin A: 152IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 110mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!