I like to bring worlds together and in this case I'm bringing the world of good sea food to the BBQ pit. Oysters are an extravagant piece of sea food and that might result in people leaving them on the shelf more often but there are so many possibilities with oysters and today i’m going to show you one of them.Grilled Oysters with an incredible tasty chili oil straight from the grill and on your plate in no time.
- 24 oysters
- Homemade Chili Oil
- 30 grams sea weeds
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon zest
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp honey
- 100 ml honey whiskey
How to detach oysters
- Grab a small preferable old sturdy knife that is considered disposable.
- Tick your oyster against something and look for a solid sound. If it’s hollow it means that the oyster is properly gone bad.
- Look for the edge where the bottom part and the top part come together.
- Stick your knife in between the shells and wiggle it further in.
- Pop it open and continue opening by hand.
- Run your knife through the shell and put everything inside the shell including the seawater in a bowl but take out the small hard muscle.
- Keep the best shells on the side which means: Nice deep curve and steady enough for liquids to hold.
- Fire up your BBQ. I’m not using that much charcoal because I only need a short period of time.
- Make the Chili Oil recipe on your BBQ.
- When using the Masterbuilt I'm now opening the lit so the temperature will rise as soon as possible because I need as much as i can.
- Heat the empty shells on the grill grate and fill it with that chili oil.
- Let it heat up for around a minute and put the oysters in the shell.
- Add ½ tbsp of soy sauce each. along with a drizzle of honey and a shot of honey whiskey.
- Finish with a pinch of sesame seeds and add ½ tsp of lemon zest and ½ tsp of seaweeds to each shell to complete it.
Calories: 84kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0.1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.3gMonounsaturated Fat: 0.3gTrans Fat: 0.002gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 697mgPotassium: 52mgFiber: 1gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 9IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 30mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Masterbuilt for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.