Morrison tries to up his grilling game. Give him a grill and a freezer with the best meat, and he’ll try to become a pitmaster.While experimenting, Morrison comes up with the most amazing recipes. This time he created a fantastic grilled chicken sandwich while building a bark on a whole chicken.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece whole chicken free-range
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 part fleur de sel
- 1 part paprika powder
- ½ part turmeric
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ¼ part ground black pepper
- 3 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp dry rub
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 piece French baguette
- 1 piece Arugula
- 2 piece red bell peppers
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- 1 tsp BBQ sauce
- Rub the mustard all over and in the chicken. Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle an even and thick layer on the outside and inside of the chicken. Don’t rub it in because you will damage the layer of dry rub.
- Skewer the chicken on a rotisserie and grill it over low direct heat. Place a dripping pan under the chicken to catch the drippings.
- Make the basting sauce by mixing the mustard and dry rub. Mix just enough of the vinegar in the sauce to make it brushable.
- When you see the bark on the chicken getting dry, you can start brushing the sauce on the chicken. Repeat this when the outside of the chicken is getting dry again.
- The chicken is ready when it reaches a core temperature of 75ºC/167°F. Then you can take it out off the grill and let it rest.
- In the meantime, you cut open the baguette and roast it. Slice the bell peppers into strips. Put a pan on the fire with some olive oil and fry the bell pepper till it gets soft.
- Build the sandwich by placing the arugula on the baguette. Next on go the fried bell peppers and the sauce.
- Cut the meat of the chicken and try to save as much of the skin as possible. Slice the meat into smaller parts and add it to the sandwich.
- Smear the rest of the sauce on the crown of the baguette and place it on top.
Calories: 1012kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 44gFat: 76gSaturated Fat: 16gPolyunsaturated Fat: 34gMonounsaturated Fat: 23gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 168mgSodium: 1185mgPotassium: 645mgFiber: 4gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 2521IUVitamin C: 80mgCalcium: 130mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.