When you see those large rib roasts at your butcher. Don’t you want to take it home? I did.
I am going to show you how to put on a mustard crust, make some herb butter, and make a fantastic meal.
- Rib roast
- Yellow mustard
- 1 part salt
- 1/4 part white pepper
- 1/2 part dried parsley
- 1/4 part paprika powder
- 1/8 part garlic powder
- 1/8 part onion powder
- 1/8 part dried oregano
- 1/8 part thyme
For the melted butter
- 100 gram butter
- 2 shallots
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 handfuls of flat leave parsley
- salt and pepper
- Start by cleaning up the rib roast by trimming all of the elastin
- Mix up the ingredients for the coating and apply a thick coat of mustard on the meat. Now sprinkle on a heavy layer of seasoning.
- Fire up the grill to smoke on an indirect temperature of 140°C (284F)
- Place the rib roast in the barbecue and close the lid till the meat reaches a core temperature of 54°C (129F)
- Wrap the roast in tin foil and let it rest for at least half an hour.
- Melt the butter and add all the spices.
- Cut the rib roast into steaks and pour the melted butter over them.
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.