What to do if you love garlic so much that you want to stuff a whole chicken with it? “Just do it” is my motto. I bought a whole yar of peeled and brined garlic cloves and the best chicken I could find. The result is phenomenal.
It seems overkill, but it’s the most delicious garlic chicken you ever ate without pissing anyone off. It’s very addictive, and you keep on eating.
- 1 whole chicken
- 5 tbsp of olive oil
- 100 peeled and brined garlic cloves
- 1 tsp of ground black pepper
- a handful of fresh parsley
For the bbq rub
- 1 part salt
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1 part curry powder
- 1/2 part onion powder
- 1/2 part garlic powder
- 1/2 part ground black pepper
- Mix up the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle it on the skin of the chicken. Also, make sure you coat the inside of the chicken with the rub.
- Put a pan on the fire on medium heat and pour in the olive oil. Put in the garlic cloves and fry them until they shrunk to half the size. When they are brown and soft they are perfect.
- Add the ground black pepper and parsley, stir it well and take the pan off the fire.
- Take a skewer and sow up the cavity at the head of the chicken to seal it off. Put the still warm garlic cloves in the chicken and sow of the other end so they don’t fall out.
- Fire up the smoker to a temperature of 140°C (284F). Put the chicken on the grates and stick a thermometer in the breast without touching the bone.
- Smoke the chicken to a core temperature of 65°C (149F) and let it rest for 20 minutes before serving.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.