I’ve got a special recipe up my sleeve and I haven't shared this for years. In fact; i have never told anybody…. Anyway I'm here right now making up for the lost time by giving it to you anyway. This BBQ Chicken recipe is so delicious that it could create world peace or start wars. Fall the bone tender juicy and pull apart chicken at its best with a touch of smoke. This Fall Apart Juicy chicken recipe is going to blow your mind!
- 1 whole chicken
Chicken BBQ rub
- 3 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tbsp tumeric powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- ½ tbsp cumin powder
- ½ tbsp ginger powder
- ½ cup fresh parsley chopped fine
- 3 tbsp Chicken BBQ rub
- 100 grams butter
- Take your chef's knife and cut along the backbone on either the left or the right side of the chicken. I like to leave the backbone on because the bone gives flavor but you are free to take it out.
- Then rotate the chicken with the backbone pointing down and spread it out as much as you can,
- With both hands press as hard as you can and pop the breastbone.
- CMix all the ingredients of the above mentioned mix togehter in a bowl or a DIY nutella sprinkler with holes in the cap.
- Season the whole chicken and leave nothing untouched. Hold on to around 3 tbsp of this magic stuff.
- Fill up the Burnhard with hickory pellets.
- Set the temperature to the lowest setting that you have on your smoker. In my case it's the smoker setting which is around 60 degrees celcius.
- Smoke the chicken for an hour and then raise the temperature to 160 degrees celcius.
- I'm roasting the chicken to around 96 degrees celcius which is the heat that you need to pmake it pulled. This will take you another hour.
- Take out the chicken and place it on a board. Then pulle the chicken from the inside with a fork. Leave the chicken inside it's carcass.
- Take a pan and heat it up with 100 grams of butter and let the butter melt.
- Chop fine some parsley.
- Add the parsley to the butter along with 3 tbsp of that leftover chicken rub and stir it.
- Pour the hot butter sauce on top of the pulled chicken and your roasted pulled chicken is done.
Calories: 1234kcalCarbohydrates: 11gProtein: 74gFat: 99gSaturated Fat: 42gPolyunsaturated Fat: 14gMonounsaturated Fat: 35gTrans Fat: 2gCholesterol: 393mgSodium: 11223mgPotassium: 1096mgFiber: 4gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 4886IUVitamin C: 29mgCalcium: 128mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.