I’m testing out my new Plancha BBQ and the best thing to start off this new cooking adventure is by making Steak Fajita. The searing hot surface of this plancha will give the ultimate texture and mouthfeel once you’re biting into these beautiful steak burritos.Fajita Burritos filled with Outside Skirt steak from the black angus. Nothing more beautiful then a fat thin flavorful piece of steak coming together with homemade salsa.
- 800 grams outside skirt steak
- 1 green bellpepper sliced
- 1 red bellpepper sliced
- 1 yellow bellpepper sliced
- 2 white onions sliced
- 12 flour tortillas
- 2 white onions sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic sliced
- 2 red bellpeppers sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 425 ml tomato pulp
- 35 grams chipotle in adobo sauce
- 30 grams fresh cilantro
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Slice the outside skirt steaks into thin cubes by starting with long slices with the grain and then slice those up against the grain.
- Set the cubes aside in a bowl.
- Slice some onions and bell peppers.
- Fire up your plancha or other big grilling surface and try to make a cooler heat zone on the side. I'm doing this by turning on only 2 of the 3 burners of my plancha. The Brabura does an excellent job at heat dividing.
- Heat up a small pan in one of the hotter corners of the grill and heat up 425 grams of tomato pulp and let that cook until it's boiling.
- Start searing the bellpeppers and the onion in olive oil on the plancha untill it turns soft. This will create extra texture because it's grilled.
- The tomato pulp is now done and you can pour it straight into the blender along with the bellpepper and the onion.
- Add 3 smoked peppers in adobo sauce.
- A handfull of fresh cilantro and some salt and pepper.
- Blitz it up and do a quick taste test to check if you have the right salt and pepper balance.
- Slice all the remaining bell peppers into thin strips.
- Slice up the 2 white onions.
- Fire up the 3th burner as well and create the maximum heat on your type of grill.
- Make the surface non stick with olive oil and put all the beef on the plancha.
- Don't start with rotating just yet, instead let it develope a crust.
- Put the onion and bell peppers on the side and let it sizzle on the side.
- Take around a tablespoon of salt and season your steak cubes and rotate the meat.
- Create that maillard effect and take it off the grill at a medium rare core temperature.
- Put half of the beef fat into a dripping tray and scoop the veggies over to the remaining beef fat.
- Sear the vegetables for around 30 seconds and take it off as well.
- Let some tortilla leafs soak up the remaining beef fat and make it crunchy.
- Plate up your tortillas on the plate starting with some salsa, some veggies and top it off with that beautifull outside skirt steak.
- If you want you can fold it over and give it an extra sear straight on the plancha and then it's serving time!
Calories: 492kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 37gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0.5gCholesterol: 84mgSodium: 4171mgPotassium: 1016mgFiber: 8gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 3061IUVitamin C: 131mgCalcium: 153mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!