I’ve found 3 kilo chickens to roast, and that is actually special because, in the Netherlands, you only find chickens that are around 1 kilo, 1,5 kilo at the most. The other special thing is that these chickens are 21 days dry-aged.To let the taste of these extraordinary chickens come to life, I made an easy recipe. This way, you don’t overpower the flavour of the chicken itself.
- 1 piece whole chicken
- 1 part table salt
- 1 part ground black pepper
- 1 part dried parsley
- 1 part dried oregano
- ¼ part dried garlic powder
- ¼ part thyme powder
- Brush some olive oil on the chicken. Mix the ingredients of the dry rub and sprinkle a light, but even layer on all sides.
- Start up your smoker with a temperature of 160°C/320°F and some cherry wood.
- Put the chicken in the smoker and stick a thermometer in the thickest part of the breast meat. Close the lid.
- When the chicken reaches a core temperature of 75°C (167F) you take it out of the smoker and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. This way the juices will redistribute in the meat.
Calories: 412kcalCarbohydrates: 1gProtein: 36gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 135mgPotassium: 374mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 280IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 29mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.