I’ve found 3 kilo chickens to roast, and that is actually special because, in the Netherlands, you only find chickens that are around 1 kilo, 1,5 kilo at the most. The other special thing is that these chickens are 21 days dry-aged.
To let the taste of these extraordinary chickens come to life, I made an easy recipe. This way, you don’t overpower the flavour of the chicken itself.
- A whole chicken
- 1 part table salt
- 1 part ground black pepper
- 1 part dried parsley
- 1 part dried oregano
- 1/4 part dried garlic powder
- 1/4 part thyme powder
- Brush some olive oil on the chicken. Mix the ingredients of the dry rub and sprinkle a light but even layer on all sides.
- Start up your smoker with a temperature of 160°C (320F) and some cherry wood.
- Put the chicken in the smoker and stick a thermometer in the thickest part of the breast meat. Close the lid.
- When the chicken reaches a core temperature of 75°C (167F) you take it out of the smoker and let it rest for at least 10 minutes. This way the juices will redistribute in the meat.
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.