One of my favorite things to eat is bacon. Especially home made bacon, but it's a time consuming process. So what if we can make it faster and easier.Here is a new method that will change a pork belly into delicious bacon within 4 hours.
- 1 Oven tray
- 1,2 kg porkbelly
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 3 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tsp adobo sauce
- Slice up your pork belly into half a centimeter slices.
- Mix up your pork belly cure and pour it in a bowl along with your pork belly and mix it up.
- Spread out over a cooling rack and let it dry in the sun for 2 to 3 hours.
- Fire up your grill and sear your bacon on cast iron in olive oil.
- Chop fine the bacon.
- Make some scrambled eggs with some milk.
- Mix with a handful of bacon.
- Pour a little bit of the adobo oil on the cast iron grill plate.
- Place a small tortilla and fill it with a strip of egg bacon mixture.
- Cover with cheese and some chopped chives and fold it over.
- Press it down and flip it until it's golden brown.
Calories: 1664kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 28gFat: 170gSaturated Fat: 60gPolyunsaturated Fat: 18gMonounsaturated Fat: 82gCholesterol: 216mgSodium: 1207mgPotassium: 579mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 38IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.