Everybody loves pulled pork, but not everyone wants to put in all the hours it takes to make it. This pulled pork recipe makes use of the dutch oven to make perfect pulled pork in record time.This might be the best pulled pork you will ever make. Just try it out and let me know.
- 2 kg Pork shoulder
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 shallots
- 8 cloves garlic
- 2 pieces ginger thumb-size, fresh
- 2 star anise
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 10 scallions
- Season the meat on all sides with salt and pepper and let it sit while you start op the grill.
- Place the dutch oven over the heat while the grill comes up to temperature.
- When the dutch oven is hot, you pour in the olive oil, sear the pork shoulder on all sides, and then take it out.
- Slice the shallots and the ginger, crush the garlic cloves and put in the dutch oven to stir fry.
- When the shallots and garlic gets soft, you put in the star anise, chicken stock, sweet soy sauce and regular soy sauce.
- Let this simmer for a couple of minutes before putting in the scallions and placing the seared pork shoulder on top.
- Put the lid on and let it braise at a temperature of around 180ºC (356F).
- After 3 hours, you open the lid to check the moisture level in the dutch oven. When you see that most of the moisture has evaporated, you pour in some water. This keeps steam in the dutch oven, so the meat cooks quicker and stays juicy. Flip the pork shoulder when the dutch oven is still open and close it for another couple of hours.
- After the next 3 hours, you check if the meat is tender enough. Poke it with your tong. When it falls apart, then it’s done. Otherwise, you close the lid to cook it for another hour.
- When the meat is done, you take it out of the Dutch oven. Pull it and pour some of the juices that are in the dutch oven over the pulled pork.
- Now watch the video on how to serve this perfect pulled pork.
Calories: 1510kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 119gFat: 102gSaturated Fat: 36gPolyunsaturated Fat: 10gMonounsaturated Fat: 47gCholesterol: 432mgSodium: 2454mgPotassium: 1950mgFiber: 2gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 347IUVitamin C: 13mgCalcium: 195mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.