Everybody that cooked some brisket knows this issue; you can’t eat the whole thing so you have brisket leftovers and part of the fun of cooking brisket in my opinion is finding new ways to do some fun things with Brisket leftovers. Why not turn it into a burger! Turning the brisket into a patty is not really working for me so I did it the dutch way. Deep Fried roux made out of leftover brisket on a bun. It’s all yours to spice it up with the sauce.
- Burger shapes
- 500 grams leftover brisket
- 3 burger buns
- Forged Brute cleaver 17 cm optional if you don't have a meat grinder
- 60 grams butter
- 60 grams flour
- 500 ml beef broth
Deepfried Burger Patty
- 3 eggs
- 100 grams breadcrumps
- 500 grams beef tallow
- Take your leftover brisket and chop it into small cubes.
- I will advice a kitchen aid device for making ground beef for this but any device that can make ground brisket will do. If you don't have any, grab a big butchers knife or a japanese vegetable knife like the Forged Cleaver or any type of chopping knife and just make it as fine as you can.
- Fire up the napoleon side burner or any heat soruce and heat up your pan.
- Melt 60 grams of butter.
- Add flour and let it toast.
- Add beef broth, mix it up and let it boil.
- Gradually add 500 grams of ground brisket.
- Mix it up untill it looks like a thick meat porridge.
- Set the pan in the fridge and let it firm up for around 3 to 4 hours.
Deepfried Brisket Patty
- Take a burger shape and cut out 4 patty's.
- Then get your breading station ready with 3 beaten eggs a tray with flour and a tray with breadcrumbs.
- Heat up a dutch oven with beef tallow untill it hits 180 degrees celcius.
- Put the patty in the breadcrumbs and cover it.
- Hit it with the egg and put it in the breadcrumbs again.
- Deepfry the patty intill it turns golden brown.
- Toast some burger buns on the side and put the patty on the burgerbun.
- Now you can finish this thing off however you want. I suggest you try a naturel one but offcourse you can experiment with sauces and other things as well.
Calories: 416kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 15gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 1423mgPotassium: 290mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 553IUVitamin C: 0.4mgCalcium: 132mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!