There must be somebody that did proper bacon balls. Guess what? On the Whole wide web no proper bacon balls. I don’t know why that is?
Maybe there is a good reason. People have tried and failed. But I gave it a try. They are so good it’s crazy. double-smoked bacon with cheese inside.
- 1 kilo of bacon
- 3 eggs
- 2 tbs basic BBQ rub
- bread crumbs
- mozzarella balls
- Get your fresh cuts of bacon ready and take off the outside yellow parts. Cut them into cubes and grind them up. Grind the twice to make the inside extra smooth.
- Add an egg, bread crumbs, and the bbq rub. Knead it into a fine paste.
- Take a little bit of the paste and roll it into a ball. Add a little mozzarella ball in the middle if you want.
- Set your barbecue for indirect heat, stick a log of wood between the charcoal and the indirect side, and put the balls on the cooler side of the grid. Close the lid and smoke the balls until done.
- Start the fryer and set up your breading station. For the breading you need some flour, two whisked up eggs and some bread crumbs. Put them in separate bowls.
- Start dipping the bowls in the flour, then the egg, and end with the bread crumbs.
- The fry them until the outside turns golden brown
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.