A spicy marinade that is extremely rich in flavor. All purpose marinade that has an middle eastern touch of spicy and a lot of power. This batch works up to 4kg of meat.
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped fine
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 tbsp mustard seed powder
- 2 tbsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 2 tsp kitchen salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 62 ml sunflower oil
- Take a cast iron skillet and heat it up on the fire.
- Once the pan is hot, add all the dried spices and toast them until they release their fragrance.
- Once it starts smoking, add the oil and gently fry the spices. Keep a close eye on the pan, it can burn quickly.
- Add the salt, garlic and onion powder to the pan and mix it in with the rest.
- Stir it in to a nice consistent paste and your marinade is done.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.