The true definition of BBQ is doing as much as possible over direct heat. This Crispy Pork Rack Rotisserie is the absolute definition of that. Open fire roasting like this is what makes my heart goes faster and getting that pork skin so incredibly crispy is my mission.Get the most out of your Rotisserie with this SUPER Crispy crackling BBQ Pork Rack.
- 3000 gram pork ribroast
- 2 tbsp finishing salt
- Classic BBQ Bacon Jam
BBQ Sauwer Kraut
- 5 apples diced
- 200 grams sauer kraut
- 100 grams pork lard
- 2 lemons zested
- ½ tbsp salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- ½ tbsp cane sugar
- The most important part of this recipe is having a pork rack with the skin still on. For this cook i'm cutting up a big cut of pork that has been dry aged for several weeks.
- If you don't know how to get this or get this cut out of your pork you can ask your butcher and show him this video. In the video i'm showing you how to to get this cut out.
- When you are left with the pork rack with the skin still on it's also important that you have a skin that is dry. Get a paper towel and pad it dry or leave it padded dry in the fridge overnight before your start this recipe. In my case the skin was already dry due to the dry-aging proces.
- Before we actually start roasting you have to fire up the BBQ with a medium amount of charcoal in your KJ.
- Make my delicious Classic BBQ Bacon JamClassic BBQ Bacon Jam
BBQ Sauer Kraut
- Get a Stainless steel pan on the grill grates and let it come up to temperature.
- Add 100 grams of pork lard. If you don;t have any add around the same amount of butter instead.
- Dice up 5 apples and let them fry in the pan along with the pork lard.
- Add 200 grams of sauer kraut
- Add the zest of 2 whole lemons
- Mix it together and let it simmer for 5 minutes before it's done.
Crispy Pork Rack Rotisserie
- Find the center of gravity in your pork so you can determine where to put your rotisserie in. Then put the skewers on but wait with tighten them up.
- Take around a tablespoon of fine salt in between your fingers and season up the sides of the pork rack with salt. Do the back as well.
- Split the charcoal in half and move them to 2 opposite sides.
- Place the joetisserie on the Kamado Joe and set the rotisserie in.
- Set a aluminium tray in the center of the grill.
- Check if the porkbelly is in the center as mucht as possible. I'm talking about the meat here. Don't mind the bones on this check.
- Stick in your thermometer in the side. Don't penetrate te skin!
- Turn your Joetisserie on and let it rotate with the lit closed for around 3 and a half hours.
- Open the top vent to the first stripe and close the lower vent to around 2 finger thick. Let it run at a temperature of a 160 degrees celcius.
- Do another salt seasoning halfway trough the cook.
- Take of your Crispy Pork Rack Rotisserie and let it rest for 20 minutes.
- Slice it up large and lay it over your BBQ Sauwer Kraut along with some of that BBQ Bacon Jam on top.
Calories: 1084kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 88gFat: 71gSaturated Fat: 26gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 31gCholesterol: 323mgSodium: 861mgPotassium: 1452mgFiber: 4gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 100IUVitamin C: 26mgCalcium: 128mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.