I just love Asian food. Most of the time you see me doing big robust pieces of beef over big charcoal fires but my other obsession is super tasty fried rice recipes with spicy beef on top. It’s the ultimate Asian comfort food and today I'm showing you one of my favorites!Spicy Chili Beef with fried rice. It’s easy to make and fun to do. Cheap and unforgettable.
- 800 grams hanger steak
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- ½ tbsp pepper
- 4 tbsp flour
- 50 grams leek
- 50 grams green peas
- 50 grams ham chopped into blocks
- 400 grams pre cooked rice
- 2 white onions chopped fine
- 3 red chili's chopped fine
- 2 cloves of garlic clopped fine
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped fine
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp merin
- 1 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 1 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- Chop the hanger size against the grain in bite size chunks.
- Put them in a bowl and add 2 eggs and all purpose flour.
- Mix it together with the beef chunks.
- Chop fine the onion, garlic, chili's and ginger.
- Heat up a pan and put in all the chopped ingredients.
- Let them become soft with a low temperature.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and let them marry for one more minute and take it off the heat source.
Chili Beef Recipe
- I'm using the Brabura planscha for a good reason. I need to mange my food that is ready and i need to be able to put it on the side so i'm heating up 2 burners and keep the third very low.
- Pour some olive oil on the plancha and sear the beef.
- Use 2 spatula's for being able to keep flipping it. Your looking for that dark brown maillard effect.
- Add the chili sauce and let it marry for 1 minute or so.
- Put the beef on the resting spot over the third burner.
- Add some more oil.
- add the leek, peas and ham on the planscha
- Sear it while scooping some of that chili beef fat towards the veggies.
- After around 4/5 minutes put that on the side as well.
- Break 2 eggs on the plancha and scramble them.
- Mix in with the leek peas and ham.
- Add around 400 grams of pre cooked rice and mix it together as well.
- Toast it for another 1/2 minutes and turn off the burners.
- Serve the rice with a nice scoop of that chili beef on top and you are ready to eat.
Calories: 490kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 37gFat: 24gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0.01gCholesterol: 196mgSodium: 1905mgPotassium: 629mgFiber: 2gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 599IUVitamin C: 40mgCalcium: 61mgIron: 5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Brabura Griddle for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.