If you're looking for a decadent and delicious way to elevate your steak game, you'll want to try this recipe for steak stuffed with cream cheese. The result is a steak that is both tender and flavorful, with a creamy and indulgent filling that takes it to the next level. Serve it with your favorite sides, such as roasted vegetables or a crispy salad, and enjoy a meal that is sure to impress.
- 500 grams flank steak
- 2 red onions chopped
- 150 grams bacon
- 200 grams mushrooms
- 200 grams cream cheese
- 250 grams young gouda cheese shredded
- 10 grams fresh chives chopped
- 1 clove of garlic pressed
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Put 200 grams cream cheese in a bowl.
- Add Dutch Gouda shredded cheese.
- Brighten it up with chopped chives and a pressed clove of garlic.
- Season with salt and pepper and mix it up.
- Take a straight sharp knife and carefully slice into the thickest part of the flank steak towards the first half of the steak so you can open up 1 side.
- Fire up the Flat top griddle and sear the steak with olive oil on what's going to be the inside with the floppy piece on top.
- Rest the steak once you archieve maillard effect on the inside.
- Apply the creamcheese on top off the maillard crust.
- Close the steak and carefully sear it on both sides with the cream cheese in the middle.
- Meanwhile start grilling some bacon, sliced onion and mushrooms on the ''cooler'' side of the griddle. Make sure the mushrooms on top of the rest soak up all the flavor.
- Once the steak reached a core temperature of 54°C/130°F serve it with the topping on top and let it rest for 5 minutes.
Calories: 1014kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 70gFat: 74gSaturated Fat: 38gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 24gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 295mgSodium: 1711mgPotassium: 1191mgFiber: 2gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 1531IUVitamin C: 9mgCalcium: 710mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!