This is the BBQ Recipe that you should be making; Classic BBQ Bacon Jam. It’s my one and only all time favorite topping/side dish that goes so well with all kinds of different things. If I had to choose between all those steaks or only this side dish for the rest of my life I would choose the BBQ Bacon Jam.Super easy to make in the kitchen/BBQ, low in price and easy to store. Classic BBQ Bacon Jam is that one thing you always want to have in stock.
- 500 gram bacon
- 3 red onions chopped
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 6 tbsp whiskey
- 5 tbsp cane sugar
- Fire up your Kamado Joe with a lower than usual amount of charcoal.
- Once the charcoal is hot set a cast iron skillet over the fire.
- Once the pan is hot as well add 500 grams of bacon strips to the pan.
- While the bacon is rendering out in it's own fat you can start slicing 3 whole red onions and add it in the pan as well.
- Once the onions turned soft add a tbsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- This is optional but i like to add around 6 tbsp of whiskey to the mix and drop a bit over the pan in to the fire so you get a quick flambé. Be carefull doing this.
- Let the alcohol burn up and add 5 tbsp of cane sugar.
- Quick stir and when the color is turned dark red/brown your bacon jam is ready to be taken out of the pan and stored for later or eat straight away together with your meal.
Calories: 337kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 8gFat: 25gSaturated Fat: 8gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 444mgPotassium: 201mgFiber: 1gSugar: 10gVitamin A: 26IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 15mgIron: 0.5mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!