If you don’t try this recipe I'm quitting youtube and this website. It’s so delicious that I just can’t allow you to skip this one. Oke you might need a little bit more convincing; Juicy steak with hot melting butter on top straight out of the flambadou. Oh did I tell you it’s chimichurri flavored butter?The juiciest popping flavor bomb you had in a long time. This is the Chimichurri flavored steak you need to try!
- 400 grams NY strip steak
- Chimichurri Butter
- Create the Chimichurri butter from our recipe link.
- Place the butter on top of a sheet of baking paper.
- Roll it up while twisting the sides. This way you can easily slice off a piece when you need it later on.
- Fire up your Kamado Joe with charcoal and 2 firestarters and open up the bottom vent.
- When the charcoal is lit, place a heat deflector on the lowest position, a grill grate on the other side on medium height and a grill grate above the heat deflector on the highest position.
- Stick a thermometer in the center of the steak and let it come up to 54 degrees celsius on indirect heat with a BBQ temperature of 140C/284F.
- Let it cool down for 10 minutes and sear it on direct heat for around 2,5 minutes on each side and let it rest with a little bit of sea salt for seasoning on top.
- Place your Flambadou in between the hot charcoal and let it warm up until it’s almost glowing.
- Slice your steak up.
- Carefully hold your Flambadou in one hand over the steak while putting a slice of butter inside the Flambadou with your other hand.
- The butter should melt instantly while being poured over your NY Strip.
Calories: 416kcalProtein: 40gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 122mgSodium: 104mgPotassium: 536mgVitamin A: 30IUCalcium: 14mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.