Every now and then, I make these epic roasts because you, the viewer of my YouTube channel, love watching those videos. And that is the main reason I do this. You.
To celebrate this, I made this enormous chilli pepper and cheese stuffed beef roast. I cut the ingredients in half for you at home to try.
- 2.5 to 3-kilogram beef roast without bones
- 10 red chilli peppers
- 300 grams of grated cheddar cheese
- Ground black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Start up your grill and roast the peppers until they are nicely charred. Wrap them in aluminium foil and let them rest.
- Put the plate setter in the grill and set it up for an indirect temperature of 180°C (356F). Ad a chunk of smokewood.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle you get rid of the green caps, the skin and the seeds. After that you chop them fine.
- Butterfly the beef roast to create as much as surface as possible. Watch the video how to do this or ask your butcher.
- Sprinkle an even amount of salt and pepper on all sides of the meat. Followed by the same amount of onion powder and half the garic powder.
- Spread the roasted chilli peppers on the inside of the meat and top it off with the grated cheddar. Tie the roast up with butchers twine.
- Place the roast in the grill, stick a thermometer in the meat and close the lid.
- The stuffed roast is ready when it reached a core temperature of 54°C (129F). Let it rest for 10 minutes before you slice into it so the fluids can redistribute back in the meat.
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.