A good chilli is only as good as the ingredients. And if you are a true barbecueër, you’ve got some leftover brisket in the fridge. When you smoke 6 or 7 kilos of brisket, you always have enough for later use.This chilli is all about the brisket. The beef and fat make this chilli amazing. If you don’t have brisket, just use chuck roast. I’ve got some leftover brisket, so I’m good.
How well is this recipe
- 1 kg brisket leftover
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 200 grams white onion sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 piece red bell pepper
- 700 grams beans
- 300 grams tomato pulp
- 300 ml water
- Cut the brisket into little cubes.
- Start up your grill and put a pan on the fire. Put the brisket in and warm it up until the hard fat starts to get soft again.
- Add the flour, onion, garlic and the bell pepper. Stir this up and cook it until the onions turn soft.
- Then you pour in the beans, tomato pulp and water and put the lid on the pan. Let this simmer for half an hour.
- Put the chilli in bowls and top it with some cheese, fresh jalapeño or jalapeño hot sauce and thinly sliced red onion.
Calories: 508kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 60gFat: 19gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 155mgSodium: 314mgPotassium: 1451mgFiber: 6gSugar: 14gVitamin A: 1131IUVitamin C: 72mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 8mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.