Every now and then, I make these epic roasts because you, the viewer of my YouTube channel, love watching those videos. And that is the main reason I do this. You.To celebrate this, I made this enormous chilli pepper and cheese stuffed beef roast. I cut the ingredients in half for you at home to try.
How well is this recipe
- 3 kg beef roast without bones
- 10 red chili peppers
- 300 grams grated cheddar cheese
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- Start up your grill and roast the peppers until they are nicely charred. Wrap them in aluminium foil and let them rest.
- Put the plate setter in the grill and set it up for an indirect temperature of 180°C (356F). Ad a chunk of smokewood.
- When the peppers are cool enough to handle you get rid of the green caps, the skin and the seeds. After that you chop them fine.
- Butterfly the beef roast to create as much as surface as possible. Watch the video how to do this or ask your butcher.
- Sprinkle an even amount of salt and pepper on all sides of the meat. Followed by the same amount of onion powder and half the garic powder.
- Spread the roasted chilli peppers on the inside of the meat and top it off with the grated cheddar. Tie the roast up with butchers twine.
- Place the roast in the grill, stick a thermometer in the meat and close the lid.
- The stuffed roast is ready when it reached a core temperature of 54°C (129F). Let it rest for 10 minutes before you slice into it so the fluids can redistribute back in the meat.
Calories: 1718kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 164gFat: 112gSaturated Fat: 52gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 49gTrans Fat: 5gCholesterol: 593mgSodium: 2880mgPotassium: 2972mgFiber: 3gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 1928IUVitamin C: 162mgCalcium: 690mgIron: 17mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.