I made curry before, and I really love it. But I didn’t know about Reshmi curry, which was a shame because I missed out on something delicious. I had to do my research by diving deep into the interweb, but I’m glad I did.When I saw what it looked like, I just had to make it. And when I tasted it, I knew You had too.
How well is this recipe
- 1 whole Chicken
Curry paste marinade
- ½ cup coriander fresh
- ¼ cup mint leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 piece chilies
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 piece ginger dice-sized
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ cup yoghurt
- 4 tbsp powdered milk
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp dry yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup lukewarm water
- 1 ½ cup white flour
- ¼ cup yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Cut the legs and the wings of the chicken. Then cut out the breast meat. Watch the video on how to do this. Set the wings aside for another recipe. We don’t need them.
- Pull the skin of the meat and start making the curry marinade.
- Put the coriander, min leaves, lime juice, chillies and salt in a blender and grind it to a fine paste.
- Transfer the paste to a mortar and pestle with the ginger and garlic cloves. Stomp this to a curry pulp.
- Put this in a large bowl and add the yoghurt, powdered milk, salt and olive oil. Stir it well and add the chicken. Let this marinate in the fridge for 2 hours.
- When the chicken is marinating, you can make the dough for the naan. Mix all the ingredients for the naan until you see no more dry flour. Make 4 balls of the dough and roll them as flat as possible.
- Fire up your grill with a temperature of around 160°C/320°F and make 2 zones.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and leave as much of the marinade on the chicken as possible. Place the chicken on the cooler side of the grill, place a thermometer and close the lid.
- Let the chicken cook to a core temperature of 75°C/167°F.
- When the chicken reached the desired core temperature, you take it out of the grill and let it rest for a couple of minutes.
- Grill the naan on a hot pizza stone or your plate setter on both sides till it’s puffy.
- Serve the chicken with the naan and enjoy.
Calories: 345kcalCarbohydrates: 50gProtein: 11gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 14mgSodium: 796mgPotassium: 379mgFiber: 3gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 605IUVitamin C: 36mgCalcium: 154mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.