This delicious recipe is perfect for your guests, Fresh Chicken Shawarma rolled in a fresh made flatbread with a perfect sauce! What more do you want.
- 4 tbsp salt
- 4 tbsp paprika powder
- 4 tbsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cayenne powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp cumin powder
- 500 ml mayonnaise
- 400 ml creme fresh
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 cloves garlic pressed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp parsley chopped
The bread dough
- 275 grams flour
- 7 grams yeast instant
- 175 ml water lukewarm
- 1 pinch salt
- First, take the meat off the bone, we use the chicken thigh and breasts.
- When you are done, place all your meat on some butcher paper and cover it again with some butcher paper.
- Now flatten your chicken meat by bashing it with a meat hammer or a heavy pan.
- Create the rub with the ingredients for the shawarma rub, mix this all together and sprinkle it all over the chicken.
- Place all the pieces of chicken on the rotisserie and secure it.
- Fire up the barbeque and use the back burners.
- Meanwhile, we can make the best sauce for the shawarma.
- Add the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl and stir it well and your sauce is done.
- Now we are going to make the flatbread.
- Grab a bowl and add the ingredients for the dough and knead it until you have ball of dough.
- Let this rest for 30 minutes, divide it into golf balls and then flatten it out.
- Grill this on both sides on a cast iron plate and your flat bread is done.
- Now it’s time to slice the crunchy part of the meat from the rotisserie, let the rest continue and get a new crust.
- Place some lettuce on your flatbread, add the chicken over the lettuce and add the sauce.
- Roll it up, and you’re done!
Calories: 1372kcalCarbohydrates: 80gProtein: 15gFat: 112gSaturated Fat: 25gPolyunsaturated Fat: 57gMonounsaturated Fat: 22gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 8006mgPotassium: 551mgFiber: 9gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 3924IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 154mgIron: 9mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.