After a long day of hard work, there’s nothing better than a cold beer. You open the bottle, pour the beer into the glass and take that cooling sip. That’s just a magical moment.That is the power of beer!In this recipe we combine this power with chicken.
- 1 piece whole free range chicken
- 1 bottle beer Hertog Jan Grand Prestige
- 1 part salt
- ½ part paprika powder
- ½ part Kurkuma powder
- ½ part onion powder
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ⅛ part cinnamon powder
- 500 ml sunflower oil
- 2 piece eggs
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp chives chopped
- 2 tbsp chicken rub
- 400 ml beer Hertog Jan Grand Prestige
- 300 grams all purpose flour
- 3 piece eggs
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice the chicken in four quarters with a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the chicken rub evenly on the chicken and make sure you dust it properly.
- Set it in the fridge for at least 2 hours for the flavors to blend.
- Smoke the chicken until it until it reaches a core temperature of 75°C/167°F.
- Dip the chicken in the beer batter.
- After you let it drip put the chicken carefully in a frying pan with a temperature of 175°C/347°F.
- When you get that golden brown color we all love, you know you’re done!
- Sit back, get your beer out, dip your chicken and enjoy the feast!
For the beer we use a Hertog Jan Grand Prestige. This beer has a ripe, full-bodied taste and makes a remarkable difference between bitter and sweet.
Calories: 2011kcalCarbohydrates: 65gProtein: 51gFat: 167gSaturated Fat: 23gPolyunsaturated Fat: 13gMonounsaturated Fat: 125gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 347mgSodium: 337mgPotassium: 580mgFiber: 2gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 659IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 73mgIron: 6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.