Sometimes I just want to make the ultimate bbq snack. And what’s better than grilled chicken?Smoked and grilled chicken drumsticks in a creamy cheese sauce that you can easily adjust to your own taste.
How well is this recipe
- 1 part raw cane sugar
- ½ part fine salt
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ¼ part onion powder
- ⅛ part mustard powder
- ⅛ part chipotle
- ⅛ part black pepper
- 25 gram butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 300 ml milk
- 400 gram grated cheese
- 2 piece jalapenos
- 1 kg chicken drumsticks
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and keep 2 tbsp aside. Put 2 tbsp of the dry rub in a bowl and pour in the olive oil.
- Put the drumsticks in the bowl and mix it up so all the meat is covered with de dry rub marinade.
- Fire up your grill to a temperature of 160°C/320°F with a chunk of smoke wood.
- Put the drumsticks on the outside of the grates and close the lid. Let them sit for one hour and flip halfway through.
- Take the drumsticks out and put on a pan. Melt the butter and stir in the flour till it browns. This is called a roux.
- Ad the 300 ml of milk and stir it till you have a smooth consistency. Then put in 300 grams of the grated cheese and let it melt while stirring.
- Deseed the jalapeños en slice them fine. Put them in the cheese sauce and bring it to taste with a little black pepper.
- Pour the sauce in a cast-iron skillet and stick the grilled drumsticks in the sauce. Top it off with the rest of the grated cheese and the 2 tbsp of dry rub you set aside.
- Put it back in the grill and let it reheat at a temperature of 200°C/392°F.
Calories: 907kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 56gFat: 71gSaturated Fat: 30gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 277mgSodium: 946mgPotassium: 588mgFiber: 1gSugar: 5gVitamin A: 1432IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 820mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.