A good fast food burger has to be fat and dirty. The best beef patty, caramelized onions, melted cheese, grease dripping to your elbows and sauce from ear to ear.
This cheese and onion double smash burger is the ultimate dirty, fast food burger you can make at home.
- 1 kilo minced beef
- 1 onion in slices
- fleur de sell
- 8 slices of Gouda cheese
- 4 hamburger buns
- 2 tomatoes in slices
- pickle slices
For the mayo/mustard sauce
- Mayo and mustard
- 1/2 cup of mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp of mustard
For the whiskey burger sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- Few drops of hot sauce
- 1 tbsp whiskey
- 2 tbsp of raw cane sugar
- Mix the ingredients for the mayo/mustard sauce and set aside. Put a pan on the fire and add all the ingredients for the whiskey burger sauce. Heat it up until you get a syrupy bubble.
- Portion the minced beef in 8 balls of 120 gram each.
- Fire up the grill and place a cast iron griddle. Grease up the surface with some oil or butter and grill some onion rings. Place 2 balls of minced beef on top of the grilled onions and smash it with a sturdy spatula.
- Slice open a bun and grill them.
- Wait till the sides of the patties start to brown before flipping them with the onions. Place a slice of cheese on each patty and let them sit till the cheese has melted.
- Make the double smash burger by putting some lettuce on the heel of the bun followed by the mayo/mustard sauce. Then stack 2 burger patties on top with 2 tomato and pickle slices. Finnish with the whiskey sauce and the crown of the bun.
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.
BBQ gear used
Disclosure: Some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you click on them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. I link these articles because of their quality.