If you like fish and want to serve something spectacular, this is the perfect recipe. Don’t be afraid of the long list of ingredients. This recipe is easy to make.This stuffed salmon is just layer over layer of flavour and a fantastic presentation to impress friends and family.
How well is this recipe
- 2 whole salmon fillets
- 10 slices pancetta
- 1 whole lemon
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 10 leaves fresh lemon balm
- 1 part salt
- ½ part paprika powder
- ¼ part ground black pepper
- ¼ part onion powder
- ⅛ part garlic powder
- ½ part dried dill
- ¼ part thyme powder
- 100 gram Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 50 gram breadcrumbs
- 1 whole egg
- 1 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 piece anchovies
- 5 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp Fish rub
- 3 piece shallots
- 1 tbsp parsley chopped
- 75 gram clarified butter
- 1 tbsp green peppercorn
- 1 tsp salt
- Lay one of the fillets on the cedar plank. Mix the ingredients for the rub and season the fillets with a light layer.
- Fry the pancetta in a hot pan until you see it curl up. Let it cool down.
- Slice the lemon into thin rings and take off the peel.
- Spread the cream cheese on one of the fillets and divide the pancetta, lemon and lemon balm. Place the other salmon fillet on top.
- Put all the ingredients for the crust in the kitchen machine and mix it to a smooth and thick paste.
- Spread the crust mix on the stuffed salmon to make a thick layer.
- Set your grill on a direct heat of 140ºC/284°F and place the cedar plank on the grates with the thickest part of the salmon toward the hottest spot in your grill. Close the lid and let it cook.
- In the meantime, you can make the sauce by dicing the shallots as fine as possible. Put a pan on the fire and let the clarified butter melt.
- Put the peppercorns, the shallots and the parsley in and let this fry until the shallots brown. Take the pan off the fire and season it with a bit of salt.
- When the salmon reaches a core temperature of 45ºC/113°F you take it out of the grill. Pour the sauce over the crust and serve the salmon while it’s hot.
Calories: 666kcalCarbohydrates: 17gProtein: 18gFat: 59gSaturated Fat: 24gPolyunsaturated Fat: 13gMonounsaturated Fat: 18gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 105mgSodium: 1633mgPotassium: 277mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 550IUVitamin C: 4mgCalcium: 372mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.