Morrison gets a kick out of eating spicy. Now he’s on a mission to try and make the hottest short ribs when he found a bag of dried Carolina reapers.The short ribs turned out very hot but still enjoyable. The short ribs are served with an Alabama white sauce to cool it down when it gets too much.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece short rib
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 part salt
- 1 part paprika powder
- 1 part onion powder
- ¼ part ground black pepper
- ¼ part garlic powder
- ¼ part ground Carolina reaper
Alabama white sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp raw cane sugar
- 1 tbsp juice of a lemon
- 1 tbsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp horseradisch
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Brush a layer of mustard on the short ribs. Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle a thick and even coating on all sides.
- Start up your grill to an indirect temperature of 120°C/248°F and a chunk of smoke wood.
- Put the short ribs on the grill and stick a thermometer in the meat. Close the lid and smoke the ribs to a core temperature of 60°C/140°F.
- Take the short ribs out and wrap it in butchers paper. Stick the thermometer through the paper in the meat and put it back in the grill. Cook it to a core temperature of 92°C/198°F.
- When the meat reaches the desired temperature, you keep it wrapped and put it in a cooler to rest for an hour. In the meantime, you can make the Alabama white sauce.
- Put all the ingredients for the sauce in a bowl and whisk it together. That’s it.
- Unwrap the beef ribs, take the bones out and cut it into decent size slices.
- Take a bite, brace yourself and be careful around the eyes when you wipe off the tears. Use the Alabama white sauce if it gets too much.
Calories: 443kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 2gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 27gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 2324mgPotassium: 136mgFiber: 1gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 175IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 26mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.