Carnitas assado or Mexican style pulled pork. Both great names for fall apart juicy pork meat that has been shredded. I am going to show you how to make it and serve it as a delicious tortilla snack.
- 2 Kg Pork neck
- 5 tbsp PitmasterX's classic BBQ rub
Pico de Gallo
- 6 ps Tomatoes small
- 1 ps Onion
- 1 ps Chile de arbol dried
- 1 bush Fresh cilantro
- 1 ps Lime
- 2 cup Flower
- 0.75 cup Water
- 40 gram Lard
- 1 pinch Salt
- Fire up your barbecue and set it up for smoking over indirect heat at around a 120 degrees Celsius. (250 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Once your barbecue comes up to temperature add the chunks of apple smoke wood.
- Rub the pork neck with the barbecue rub and smoke it for 3 hours or a temperature of 70 degrees Celsius. (160 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Wrap the pork neck in aluminiumfoil and place it back on the barbecue. Raise the temperature to around 140 degrees Celsius.
- Keep on cooking the pork neck until it reaches a core temperature of 98 degrees Celsius. (208 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Let the pork neck rest in the foil for at least an hour.
- Shred the pork neck into little pieces and you have your delicious barbecue pulled pork.
- Soak 1 chili de arbol in a bowl of water.
- Slice and grill tomatoes and onion.
- Chop the tomatoes and onion fine once they are charred.
- Once the chile de arbol turned soft discard the water and chop it fine.
- Chop fine the cilantro and add it to the onion tomato and chile de arbol.
- Sprinkle on some lime juice and your pico de gallo is done.
- Mix the flower with the lard and pinch fine the lard in the flower.
- Add the water and salt and mix it until it becomes a dough.
- Let it rest for around 10 minutes and role into thin pancake shaped tortillas.
- Bake the tortillas on a cast iron surface to get the perfect tortilla.
- Add the pulled pork together with some Pico de Gallo and your dish is ready!
Eet smakelijk and keep on grilling!
Calories: 339kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 48gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 5gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 178mgPotassium: 942mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 299IUVitamin C: 15mgCalcium: 53mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Napoleon for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.