Chef Eric knows his way around pork. He comes from North Carolina and his roots through marriage and family runs deep into the pork BBQ heritage. This recipe shows you every step taken from dry aging pork, cutting out the T-bone to caramelize your steaks to perfection.The ultimate guide for grilling pork T-bone on the BBQ.
- 800 grams pork t-bone 2 pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic smashed
- 1½ tbsp apple syrup or molasses
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp finishing salt
- 1 branch thyme
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp PitmasterX's Classic BBQ rub
- Inspect your T-bone;s before you start. We want a clean t-bone not to mucht fat no weird anomalies out of the order.
- Score the fat cap in 2 directions with your knife. This wel help the fat to render down faster during the cook.
- Grab a tray and smash 2 cloves of garlic on to your cutting board. We want the flavor in our marinade but not want actual pieces of garlic because it can burn during our cook.
- Add 1½ tbsp of Apple syrup and 3 tbsp of olive oil to it and start mixing with a fork trough that garlic oil and syrup. The oil is going to be your vehicle for combining the two other ingredients.
- Add some ½ tbsp of salt and pepper along with a branch of thyme to the marinade.
- Use that same fork to slightly penetratre holes into the sides of your t-bones. you can pinch the fat cap as well but only on the side.
- Mix your t-bones with the marinade and set it asside for 4 hours.
Fire up the Kamado Joe
- Fire up your charcoal and create an indirect zone and a direct zone with your heat deflector and grill grates. One grill grate set to the lowest position and one with a higher setting and a heat deflector in between the charcoal and the grill grate.
- Give your pork 30 minutes on each side to come up to temperature.
- If the temperatures rise to fast you can always close down the vents at the end.
- After one hour it's time to sear of on extreme high temperatures for that final stretch of caremalization.
- Give them a pinch of salt to amplify the flavor at the start opf the searing session.
- When they hit a temperature of 60 degrees selcius it time to take them off and let it rest.
- Quickly pour 3tbsp of honey in a bowl along with a tbsp of your favorite BBQ Rub, mix it together. Offcourse i'm using the pitmasterx classic BBQ rub for this. You can find it on our website and make it yourself.
- Slice up your pork steak and dunk it in the sauce and voila; Best pork steaks in the world at your doorstep.
Calories: 296kcalCarbohydrates: 29gProtein: 0.5gFat: 22gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gSodium: 3mgPotassium: 54mgFiber: 1gSugar: 26gVitamin A: 85IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 31mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Kamado Joe for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.