When Morrison visited the states for the first time, he went to Louisiana. The things he remembered were the music and the food. Here it was that he was first introduced to Cajun-style cooking.Morrison combined American BBQ with Cajun-style cooking and smoked beef ribs and served it with Bayou butter. These are the juiciest beef ribs Morisson ever made.
- 1 kg beef ribs
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 part garlic powder
- 1 part onion powder
- 3 parts smoked paprika
- 1 part cayenne pepper
- 1 part oregano dried
- 1 part thyme dried
- 1 part ground black pepper
- 1 part sea salt
- 150 grams butter
- 2 tsp cajun rub
- 2 tsp ground mustard
- ½ tsp parsley dried
- Take the butter out of the refrigerator to soften at room temperature.
- Give the beef ribs a good coating of the mustard. This gives the herbs something to stick to.
- Mix the ingredients for the dry rub and sprinkle an even layer on all sides of the meat.
- Startup your smoker with a temperature of 135ºC/275°F and some hickory smoke wood. Place the beef ribs in the smoker and close the lid.
- While the beef ribs are smoking, you can make the Cajun butter. Mix the butter with the rub, mustard and dried parsley.
- After 2 hours of smoking, the beef ribs picked up enough smoke and the rub sticks to the meat. Then it is time to wrap the beef ribs into aluminium foil. Put a tbsp of the butter on top of the meat before closing the package.
- Put the wrapped beef ribs back in the smoker. Stick a thermometer through the foil and in the meat and close the lid.
- When the meat reaches a core temperature of 94ºC/201°F, you take it out of the smoker and let it rest for at least 15 minutes before you cut into it.
Calories: 598kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 36gFat: 50gSaturated Fat: 27gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 188mgSodium: 500mgPotassium: 709mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 1432IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 38mgIron: 4mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.