When you love coffee, or pure chocolate, you will love this recipe. I’m using cacao beans for seasoning a steak. The bitterness of the cacao and beef is going really good together.I used real cacao pods to get the cacao beans inside, but you can buy cacao powder if you can’t find the beans.
How well is this recipe
- 1 piece Tomahawk steak good quality
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp cacao beans or cacao powder
- ½ part fleur de sel
- ¼ part ground penja pepper
- ¼ part cinnamon powder
- Peel the cacao pods and take the bean out. Grind the beans in a blender to a coarse powder.
- Mix it with the salt, pepper and cinnamon powder.
- Brush some olive oil on all sides of the steak, and then you sprinkle an even layer of the dry rub on.
- Start up your smoker to a temperature of 140ºC/284°F and place the steak on the grates. Stick a thermometer in the thickest part of the meat and close the lid.
- Let the steak smoke to a core temperature of 52ºC/125°F and take it out of the smoker.
- Raise the temperature in the smoker and sear the steak to get a nice crust. Then you let the steak rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing it.
Calories: 155kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 12gFat: 12gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 78mgPotassium: 191mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 9IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 8mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Big thanks to Burnhard for sponsoring this post.
Please return the favor by visiting their website.